Have your voice heard!
2021 - March, Latest news
We're looking for residents to join our new equality, diversity and inclusion working group.
At PA Housing, we believe that Everybody is unique and we're committed to promoting diversity, inclusion, and a culture that actively values difference. We believe that everyone is entitled to respect and dignity and we are committed to building an environment where our employees, customers, contractors and visitors are treated in this way.
We're creating an equality, diversity and inclusion working group to help us hear the voices of all customers.
The group aims to:
- reach all the different communities across our neighbourhoods.
- ensure residents’ voices from different communities are heard in the decisions that we take.
- make our work inclusive, and that we help different communities, cultures, and backgrounds to work together to improve their neighbourhoods.
- follow best practice and link with other community organisations.
The first virtual meeting will be:
Wednesday 31 March at 6 pm
Please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org if you're interested in joining the group and attending.
Overview of resident working groups
A working group aims to bring together residents who have unique experiences, knowledge and skills to work in partnership in their communities and with PA Housing. This is to make sure that social housing residents’ voices are heard, that diverse views of all residents are represented, and that local knowledge can be tapped in to.
The objectives of the working groups are to:
- build relationships with local communities, staff and peers
- be PA’s community connectors in to hidden and unheard groups
- bring up issues that aren’t normally voiced e.g. the reality of discrimination and stigma in social housing and communities
- use their empathy and expertise to recognise and understand the needs in a community – whether this be where they live, work or socialise
- support PA communities based on the needs identified, promote the successes and good news in communities, and offer support and activities by visiting areas and resident led projects
Frequency of meetings
The new resident work group will be invited to attend meetings 6 times a year. These will coincide with PA Housing staff Equality, Diversity and Inclusion working group meetings to allow for cross working and an alignment of ideas.
If you would like to be more involved, or would like any further information, please email us:
We look forward to hearing from you.